Benefits Of Holding Your Wedding Reception In A Hotel Conference Room
When making a list of possible places to hold your wedding reception, put hotel conference rooms on your list. Not only are conference rooms convenient event venues, they can also be budget-friendly. Hosting your wedding reception at a hotel conference center may be especially beneficial if you're expecting a lot of out-of-town guests.
Some reasons to consider hosting your big event at a conference center include:
1. The event venue will be convenient for guests staying at the hotel. If you have a lot of far-flung friends and loved ones, they can book rooms at the same hotel as the reception.
They won't have to worry about transportation to and from the venue, and they may even receive a hotel discount if you reserve a block of rooms as well as the conference room. Guests may also take advantage of any spa services before the reception.
The bride and groom can also conveniently walk to their room after the reception before embarking on their honeymoon the next day.
2. You can ask the hotel to cater the event, so that the food is made under the same roof and delivered fresh. Some hotel restaurants treat clients to chef-prepared custom menus for special events, which will allow you to choose exactly what you want.
3. Some hotels also provide butler-passed hors d'oeuvres, cake-cutting and tableside wine services to make the event feel even more elegant.
4. You can ask the hotel to set up the conference room with tables, chairs and linens so you don't have to hire an outside event company to provide the logistics. As an added benefit, some hotels may also include place settings complete with china, silverware, stemware and votive candles.
When planning the reception, ask the hotel staff if they can coordinate the linen colors and decorative items, such as the candles, to match your wedding colors if desired.
5. The conference room venue can be as small or large as you need, depending on how many guests you invite. You can simply rent the conference room or add extra breakout rooms if you need more space. The breakout rooms act as an extension of the event space and are generally set up in the same way as the main conference room.
Some hotel event spaces also include an area for a dance floor. If you want something fancier, you can rent a portable LED-lit dance floor from an outside event company.
A hotel, such as Clarion Hotel - Seattle International Airport, can provide a convenient and organized solution to your search for a wedding reception venue.